10 Days Tour - "Ride the Treasures of Cambodia"
Enjoy Cambodia’s beguiling charm - even more after the country recovered from its dark past. The UNESCO World Heritage of Angkor is truly Cambodia’s iconic attraction. It is one of the most important archaeological sites in South-East Asia which stretches over some 400 km2, including some forested areas. Angkor’s Archaeological Park contains the magnificent remains of the different capitals of the Khmer Empire, from the 9th to the 15th century.
But Angkor is only the beginning of Cambodia’s beauty. From pristine beaches and untouched jungles to stunning architectural feats, Cambodia has so much more to discover. And travelling on your motorcycle is the perfect way to fully immerse yourself in the local culture as you become an active part of the scenery rather than passively observing it from a bus window.
We will enter Cambodia from Thailand through Koh Kong to Sihanoukville. We continue riding close to the costs through rural farmland to Sihanoukville, Kep, Phnom Penh, Cambodia’s bustling capital. But the highlight truly is Siem Reap where we will explore some of the magic temples.
AT A GLANCE
|START / FINISH:||Pattaya|
|NEAREST AIRPORT:||Bangkok Suvanabhumi International Airport|
|DURATION:||10 days, 8 days riding|
|ROUTE:||Total distance: approximately 1,700 km's|
|DAILY ROUTE:||Daily distance: 150 to 320 km’s|
|ACCOMMODATIONS:||Carefully selected quality hotels and resorts with leisure facilities|
|REST DAY:||Siem Reap / Angkor|
|HIGHLIGHTS:||Coastal Ride, Bokor Hill Ride, Kep, Pepper Plantations, Phnom Penh, Killing Fields, rural Cambodia on gravel, Temples of Angkor (UNESCO World Heritage)|
|1 DAY||Bangkok and transfer to Pattaya|
|2 DAY||Pattaya - Koh Kong||275 km||171 miles|
|3 DAY||Koh Kong - Sihanoukville||222 km||138 miles|
|4 DAY||Sihanoukville - Bokor - Kep||170 km||106 miles|
|5 DAY||Kep - Phnom Penh||152 km||94 miles|
|6 DAY||Phnom Penh - Siem Reap||318 km||198 miles|
|7 DAY||Siem Reap (Rest Day)|
|8 DAY||Siem Reap - Pailin||225 km||140 miles|
|9 DAY||Pailin - Pattaya||260 km||162 miles|
|10 DAY||Transfer to Bangkok Airport|
DAY BY DAY
(B/L/D) = (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)
1. Day / Arrival in Bangkok and Transfer to Pattaya (-/-/D)
We will welcome you at the Suvanabhumi International Airport at the meeting point and drive to Pattaya. Check in our hotel. In the afternoon you can get familiar with your BMW motorbike. In the evening we will meet for a welcome dinner and a tour itinerary presentation with a briefing about the essential riding rules here in Asia. Overnight in Pattaya.
2. Day / Pattaya – Koh Kong (border crossing) (B/-/-)
After a good breakfast we start cruising in eastern direction partially along the coast. In Chantaburi we turn right and follow the provincial road towards the Cambodian border - passing rice paddies and farm villages. In the later afternoon we cross the border and arrive in Hat Lek, then passing Koh Kong and arrive in our little Resort near a river. Overnight near Koh Kong.
3. Day / Koh Kong – Sihanoukville (B/-/-)
Today we will continue to Sihanoukville riding many twisties and nice bends in a great scenery. On the way we will enjoy the scenic views through the forests and mountains and can also see the life of Cambodians in the countryside. Most locals live from agriculture such as growing rice and other crops. We continue riding until arrive the junction where we turn right following the main road number 4 to Sihanoukville. Set around a deep-water port on a peninsula jutting into the Gulf of Thailand, the provincial capital of Sihanoukville is lined with palm-fringed beaches, seafood restaurants and bars. Overnight in Sihanoukville.
4. Day / Sihanoukville – Bokor – Kep (B/-/-)
After breakfast we continue our motorbike journey to Kep, passing many villages on the way. We ride up to Phnom Borkor which is one of the most beautiful and mystical National Parks of Southeast Asia. It covers 140 thousand hectare of untouched mountain jungle and the biggest herd of wild elephants in Southeast Asia. Then we continue along the coast. Before we reach our destination in Kep we have a break at a pepper plantation since the pepper from this area is known to be the best in the world. Kep itself is a charming small seaside town located on a group of hills going down to the beach. With a little imagination, you feel you are in a sleepy seaside resort in Brittany or Normandy. In the evening you should not miss a delicious seafood dinner in a local restaurant. Overnight in Kep.
5. Day / Kep – Phnom Penh (B/-/-)
After breakfast we continue to Phnom Penh. Before we reach the city we are passing many villages on the way to the capital of Cambodia. We will visit the “Killing Fields” on the way, which give you some information of the sad history of Cambodia. Phnom Penh is a chaotic, energetic and fascinating city. Graceful tree-lined boulevards and riverfront promenades are reminders of bygone eras; today they teem with life and activity, as motorcycles weave in and out of traffic, vendors hawk their wares, and pedestrians go about their business. Overnight in Phnom Penh.
6. Day / Phnom Penh – Siem Reap (B/-/-)
We continue our ride to Siem Reap, some section we do on dirt roads as we are passing small little villages on our way to the most famous province in Cambodia. Siem Reap is located in northwestern Cambodia. There are colonial- and Chinese-style architecture in the Old French Quarter, and around the Old Market. Siem Reap today is being a popular tourist destination and has a large number of hotels, resorts, restaurants and businesses - closely related to tourism. This is much owed to its proximity to the Angkor temples, the most popular tourist attraction in Cambodia. Enjoy a sundowner in one of the many nice venues in vibrant Siem Reap. Overnight in Siem Reap.
7. Day / Siem Reap (B/-/-)
Today will be a cultural day. Angkor Wat is a “once in a lifetime experience”. It is the national symbol and the highlight of any visit to Cambodia. Angkor Wat impresses visitors both by its sheer scale and beautifully proportioned layout, as well as the delicate artistry of its carvings. Angkor Thom, the fortified city covers an area of 10 square km. Enclosed by a wall and wide moats, the city includes many of Angkor's most popular sights. The highlight is the visit at Ta Prom, one of the most popular attractions of Angkor as much of the jungle has not been cleared and it looks very much as most of the Angkor monuments would have appeared when European explorers first stumbled across them. Overnight in Siem Reap.
8. Day / Siem Reap – Pailin (B/-/-)
Today we will continue on the main road Nr 6 before we reach Mongkol Borei for a local lunch. Then we hit the local roads again onwards to Pailin near the Thai border. We will stay at a resort outside the town. Overnight in Pailin.
9. Day / Pailin – Pattaya (B/-/-)
After breakfast we cruise in western direction to the border to Thailand. After all formalities are done we are back in Thailand, riding on the left side of the road again. We follow the provincial road passing rice paddies and farm villages to Chantaburi where we turn right and cruise on the main road to the coast. We will drive for a while along the coast until we finally reach Pattaya. Overnight in Pattaya.
10. Day / Pattaya – Bangkok – owards or extension (B/-/-)
After breakfast check out and transfer to the Airport. Or you stay a few days longer….
Remark: All of the indicated times and Km are approximately.
|Vehicle||Single Rider||Rider and pillion||Single Room|
|BMW||(sharing room)||(sharing room)||Suppl.|
All prices in USD
- If you bring your own motorcycle the price will be USD 2,650,- (sharing room)
- Prices are valid until 31 October 2018
- A deposit of USD 1,000 per rider and USD 1,500,- per rider and pillion is payable upon booking
- Prices include 7% VAT
- This tour requires a minimum of 5 riders
- The price for a Single Rider in a sharing room requires another Single Rider booking with the same request. If there is no other request for room sharing we will add the single room supplement
- Route itinerary and destination may be subject to change in case of force majeure, weather conditions, road conditions and any other significant circumstances.
INCLUDED IN THE TOUR PRICE
- Van transfers to/from Pattaya
- Accommodation as stated
- Breakfast every day
- Welcome Dinner
- Bike Transport from/to Chiang Mai
- Motorcycle rental with unlimited mileage
- Motorcycle Insurance (please see details under "Insurance")
- Water, soft drinks en route
- Road captain on motorcycle leading the group
- Driver / Tour guide in a support van for luggage transportation (1 piece per person)
- Local Cambodian Tour Guide
- Custom Declaration / Cambodian permits, documentation and administration
- Entrance fees as per itinerary
- Tour information package including riding and safety tips, details about the hotels, the route and the sight
- Road Maps and Bike Tour Asia T-Shirt
- All services not mentioned as included
- Other meals than stated
- Optional motorcycle loss/damage waiver (please see details under "Insurance")
- Alcoholic beverages
- Visa for Cambodia (passport valid for min. 6 months, a passport photo, USD 35,-)
A security deposit according to the below list is payable upon motorcycle hand over through credit card (Mastercard/Visa) or in cash. The full amount will be reimbursed after the tour (if no damage occurred)
|All in USD||Security deposit||Daily insurance rate / outside Thailand|
- Included for riding in Thailand is a Third Party liability insurance and a motorcycle insurance with a deductible up to the security deposit amount (according the motorcycle type)
- For riding outside of Thailand Bike Tour Asia offers an optional additional daily damage/loss waiver for the motorcycle, based on the above listed daily insurance rate
- This optional insurance has to be paid latest upon the motorcycle hand over and covers the maximum deductible amount to the level of the security deposit while riding outside Thailand. Without this optional insurance the guest takes the risk up to the value of the motorcycle in case of a damage
Personal and Third Party liability coverage according to below. (All in USD)
|Loss of Life, Sight, Dismemberment, Total Permanent Disability||30,000|
|Accidental Medical Expenses||15,000|
TOUR DATES 2018
|February 24 – March 5 (upon request only)|