3 Days - "Famous Mae Hong Son Loop"
If you have only a short vacation this tour is designed to give you an experience that you will not forget and hopefully will inspire you to make a longer tour next time.
Known as the Mae Hong Son Loop this trip begins and ends in Chiang Mai and is most famous for having 1,864 bends along its approximately 650 km’s and which cuts through some of northern Thailands most spectacular scenery. The first landmark is Doi Inthanon which at 2,565 metres is Thailands highest mountain. We will visit a village of the Long Neck Karen,a hybrid Chinese / Burmese border village on a lake named Ban Rak Thai and Pai a small town that became famous after a romantic Thai movie.
AT A GLANCE
|START / FINISH:||Bike Tour Asia Service Center / Chiang Mai|
|NEAREST AIRPORT:||Chiang Mai International Airport|
|DURATION:||3 days tour|
|ROUTE:||Total distance: approximately 650 km's (400 miles)|
|DAILY ROUTE:||Daily distance: 170 to 300 km’s (100 to 190 miles)|
|ACCOMMODATIONS:||Carefully selected quality hotels and resorts with leisure facilities.|
|HIGHLIGHTS:||Doi Inthanon, Long Neck Hill Tribe, Ban Rak Thai, Road of 1,864 curves, Pai, Samoeng Loop, Endless twists and curves!|
|1 DAY||Chiang Mai - Mae Hong Son||300 km||186 miles|
|2 DAY||Mae Hong Son - Ban Rak Thai - Pai||170 km||105 miles|
|3 DAY||Pai – Mae Sa – Chiang Mai||180 km||110 miles|
DAY BY DAY
(B/L/D) = (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)
1. Day / Chiang Mai - Doi Inthanon - Mae Hong Son (-/L/D)
In the morning you will have time to familiarize yourself with your motorcycle before we set off. We start our tour from Chiang Mai and after about 50 km we leave the Highway and spend the rest of the day on exhilarating twisty rural roads. Our first stop is at the Vachiratharn Waterfall - an impressive and powerful
80 m high waterfall. We then proceed the climb to the top of Doi Inthanon, which at 2,565 meters is the highest mountain in Thailand. After a local lunch in Mae Chaem we continue to the City of the “Three Mists”, otherwise known as Mae Hong Son which is located along the banks of the Pai River close to the border with Myanmar (formerly Burma). We stay overnight in Mae Hong Son. (Distance: 300 km / 186 miles).
2. Day / Mae Hong Son - Ban Rak Thai - Pai (B/L/D)
In the morning we take a pleasant boat ride on Pai River to visit a Karen Long Neck village. The Karen, a tribal minority, historically lived in the hills on the Myanmar side of the border. Some of their women wear heavy brass rings around their necks, forearms, and shins. We then set out for the famously chic town of Paion the beginning of the road famous for having 1864 bends of varying sharpness. The road passes through some beautiful mountainous scenery. On the way we do a little side trip to Ban Rak Thai (literally "the Thai-loving village"), built around a lake on the Myanmar border. About 800, mainly Chinese settled here after the communist takeover of China and some of the buildings have a distinctively Chinese appearance. In the afternoon we arrive in Pai and relax in our hotel before we dine on delicious local or western food in a restaurant by the river. In the evening after dinner you can enjoy the delights of the Walking Street market. We stay overnight in Pai. (Distance: 170 km / 105 miles).
3. Day / Pai - Mae Sa - Chiang Mai (B/L/-)
A last great riding day is ahead of us of this comprehensive tour. In the morning we complete the “remaining” 762 twisties over the mountains to Mae Taeng. We then drive on rural back roads to the Mae Sa. In this area there are several elephant camps, for those who are interested we can pay those amazing
pachyderms a visit before we continue our journey. We follow the Samoeng loop and enjoy more twisties. In the afternoon we arrive back in Chiang Mai. Please note transfer to your hotel or the airport is not included. We are happy to arrange this service for you. (onward flights not before 20:00) (Distance: 180 km / 110 miles).
Remark: All of the indicated times and distances are approximately.Accommodation
Nestled in a lush valley outside the town of Mae Hong Son, in the mountains of Northern Thailand, you find this beautiful place for nature lovers. The sounds of running water and the peaceful jungle setting is pure relaxation. We are the place for the perfect hide-away!
|Vehicle||Single Rider||Rider and pillion||Single Room|
|BMW||(sharing room)||(sharing room)||Suppl.|
(all prices are in USD)
- A deposit of 50% of the total price is payable upon booking. Rest payment is due latest 60 days before departure
- The above prices are based for a group of 5 riders. If you come with less than 5 riders please contact us for a price offer
- The price for a single rider in a sharing room requires another single rider booking with the same request. If there is no other request for room sharing we will have to charge you the single room supplement
- Prices include 7% VAT
- The tour starts and ends at Bike Tour Asia Service Center ( Service Center Gmaps)
Due to the lengths of your International flight and the time difference you may have to leave your country a day earlier, subsequently you will arrive one day later back home. Please book your flights accordingly!
Route itinerary and destination may be subject to change in case of force majeure, weather conditions, road conditions and any other significant circumstances.
We are pleased to assist you with the booking of additional nights in Chiang Mai or any other services in connection with the tour! Please let us know.WHAT IS INCLUDED / NOT INCLUDED
Included in the tour price
- Transfers in Chiang Mai
- 2 overnights at carefully selected quality hotels and resorts with leisure facilities
- Breakfast every day
- 3 lunches
- 2 dinners
- Water, soft drinks and coffee / tea in connection with the meals
- Late model of a BMW GS Motorcycle as per your choice with unlimited mileage
- Third Party liability insurance and a motorcycle damage coverage (details see under “Insurance”)
- Fuel during the whole tour
- Road captain on a motorcycle leading the group
- Entrance fees to National Parks and Historical Sites
- Tour information package including riding and safety tips, details about the hotels, the route and the sights
- Bike Tour Asia T-shirt
- All services not mentioned as included and all items of a personal nature
- Support van
- Alcoholic beverages
- Riding gear (helmet, jacket & gloves can be rented at the Service Center. We do not provide pants and boots)
- Travel insurance (cover against medical expenses, including repatriation, in the event of an accident or illness). We recommend to buy an travel insurance in your home country
MOTORCYCLE DAMAGE & LOSS COVERAGE / TRAVEL ACCIDENT INSURANCE
A security deposit according to the below list is to be presented through electronic blocking of funds on your credit card (Mastercard/Visa) or in cash upon hand-over of the motorcycle. The full amount will be electronically unblocked on your credit card or cash refunded after the tour (if no damage or loss of the motorcycle occurred). For more details, please see Terms & Conditions.
|Motorcycle Type||Security Deposit (all in USD)|
Included for riding in Thailand is a motorcycle damage & loss coverage with a maximum deductible amount up to the level of the security deposit (according the motorcycle type).
Travel Accident Insurance, by AXA Insurance Company, is included in all BTA Guided Tour prices.
Limit of Liability: (All in USD)
|Loss of Life, Sight, Dismemberment, Total Permanent Disability||30,000|
|Accidental Medical Expenses||15,000|
Underlying coverage is in Thai Baht’s and converted into USD using exchange rate 1 USD = 32 Baht
This tour is open for your own private group. Please choose your desired dates - all year round and come with your friends, club or company (subject to motorcycle availability).